Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm not an arrogant prick, really!

Ok, so I know the title of this blog sounds extremely pretentious -- who am I to assume that I am some member of a computer graphics cognoscenti? I, Jonathan King, who have worked in the computer graphics industry for less than a couple years.

So first off, let me clear up any misunderstanding -- this is not a "Look at me" blog. Far from it. The reason I'm writing this blog is to catalog my "Aha!" moments. Those moments when I discover something either on my own or with the help of other people that is not obvious and I'm sure would trip up other people who didn't know.

How many times have you tried to solve a problem in CG, and you slave over it day and night, obsessing over this stupid little thing that should work but for some reason doesn't, only to have someone casually peek over your shoulder and say, "Oh, it's not working because you didn't do this, this and this." Just like that -- if only you had known that a week ago!

This blog is for those people. My goal is to reduce some frustration and help CG artists get on with what they do best -- creating awesome work. Good luck everyone!

1 comment: